We are currently not hiring for the position of Police Officer
Records Clerk / Support Services:
POSITION: BODY WORN CAMERA CLERK
POSTING DATE: 09/20/2021
CLOSING DATE: 10/4/2021 @ 5:00 pm (Eastern)
JOB TYPE: Full-Time REPORTS TO: Chief of Police
UNION AFFILIATION: BMEA
SALARY RANGE: Grade F (Minimum: $42,000.11- Maximum $69,716.05)
This position oversees the maintenance and administration of the Department’s Body Worn Cameras. This position is responsible for researching and retrieving information and providing copies of videos for court purposes, agency requests and state and federal record requests.
• Establish and maintain electronic video evidence as it relates specifically to body worn camera video and related disclosure requirements according to the policy.
• Process and prepare outside requests for information, which includes court requests, subpoenas, agency requests, and OPRA requests. Ensure responses are provided in a timely fashion, adhere to state and federal statute, and are recorded according to departmental protocol.
• Assists in responding to various requests, such as open record requests. Retrieve, redact and distribute requests in a timely manner.
• Be familiar with, interpret, apply, and explain codes, laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
• Coordinate and track data retention, disseminate video evidence to requesting parties, fulfill freedom of information requests.
• Assist other agencies with processing and understanding requests. Prepare reports and correspondence when required.
• Other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Follow established guidelines to ensure data is handled to evidentiary standards and retention schedule is followed.
• Follow the policy for proper use, management, storage, and retrieval of video and audio data recorded by BWC’s.
• Experience and understanding of Microsoft, operating and file systems, related desktop applications and of related enterprise application architecture. Working experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills.
• Considerable knowledge of modern office procedures and equipment, particularly with reference to filing, record keeping, and cross-indexing systems.
• Manage multiple projects efficiently.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a High School Diploma or GED equivalent, supplemented by one to two years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants are required to fully complete and sign an employment application. The employment application is available at https://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bridgewater-Township-EmployeeApplication_2019.11.20.pdf.
To apply, submit a resume and completed and signed employment application to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5:00 pm on 10/04/2021. Please put “BODY WORN CAMERA CLERK” in the subject line of the email. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Township of Bridgewater has immediate openings for on call School Crossing Guards. Positions may be located at various locations in Bridgewater and are from 8:00 am – 9:00 am and from 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm. Hourly rate is $15.00 per hour. If interested please call Human Resources at 908-725-6300, Extension 5045 to receive an application or email resume to email@example.com